5 Reasons Why South Africa Should Be Your Next Family Vacation Destination
Are you planning your next family vacation, and trying to pick a location that will please everyone?
Well kids aren’t that difficult, we all know that they like the zoo, hands on activities, getting outside where they can run and play, and the beach of course. Now, if only all of these activities could be packed into one, family foolproof vacation! Well now they are.
Take an adventure vacation to Cape Town Africa and give the kids a vacation they will be talking about for years to come. Here are 5 great reasons to plan a family adventure in the south of Africa.
5. You know how kids have that unique quality of fearlessness. Sure they want to be close to mom or dad during the “danger” but all in all if you are close by, they can do pretty much anything! Capitalize on this youthful adventurism and take the kids not to a zoo, but on a real life South African safari. Kids can learn about the wild life as you tour next to zebras, giraffes, wildebeest, lions, cheetahs, hippos and rhinos. Let their next show and tell include photos of them searching for wild beasts in the great outdoors on the best family vacation ever!
4. Penguins, In Africa? What is a real life zoo without a stop at the penguin exhibit? Rest assured your family will get their fill of these cheeky little animals at your visit to Boulders Beach. The sea here is good for swimming and there are giant boulders that make for good shade from the sun. When your kids can tell their friends that their parents took them to swim with Penguins on a South African safari tour, you will officially become the coolest parents in the neighborhood. The penguin colony of about 3000, are flightless birds of course, so you can get fairly close to capture some photos of them. Here you can also teach kids about good tourism. Look but don’t touch, and take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, and kill nothing but time.
3. Travel through wine country. I know what you are thinking, how is this a family friendly adventure? Just make it a bike tour. Kids will pedal though Stellenbosch through the fields of wine grapes, soaking up some sunshine, enjoying the fresh air, and just touring through the historic sites of Stellenbosch. When you all stop for a break, and a mouthwatering lunch at one of the local wineries, the family can eat, while the parents can sample some delicious African Local Wines. To also enjoy yourselves during your South Africa vacation isn’t an offence; in fact, the perfect vacation can indeed please everyone.
2. Soak up the view from Table Mountain. The great thing about the view from atop Table Mountain is that it is just a short tram ride to the top. While it can be fun to explore with the kids and spend the day hiking, it can also be a bit exhausting, and hard to keep spirits high when the kids get tired, hungry, or bored. The luxury of the tram makes this an easy and spectacular way to see the views below. Table Mountain was also officially declared one of the New7Wonders of Nature back in 2007. The tram also boasts green initiatives so you don’t have to worry about a negative impact on the environment during your relaxing cable ride to the top. Don’t forget your camera, because the views from the peak are simply breathtaking.
1. After the nice relaxing ride up to the top of Table Top Mountain, you can switch gears a bit and take a rafting tour down the Sabi River. A ride calm enough that the whole family can enjoy, with just enough rapids to get everyone’s adrenalin going a bit. With an experienced and qualified team of guides your family will be completely safe, and ready to enjoy their adventure tour down the Sabi River.
So there you have it. 5 great experiences waiting to be explored by you and your family on their next South Africa Safari Tour. Wild African animals, swimming at Boulder Beach with penguins, wine tours, taking in the view of Table Top Mountain, and of course a little excitement during a whitewater rafting ride down the Sabi River. Enjoy the dream destination of a lifetime and take your kids on an adventure they will never forget.